Want your lips to look fuller? Your lipstick to last longer? Want to look like a movie star before heading out the door?
These movie star lip solutions should do the trick.
- Purchase some super glossy lip gloss. Gloss can be used at any time; even if you don’t have a mirror handy.
- Be aware that creamier lipsticks should be used as we age. Avoid matte and gloss color types in lipsticks.
- Outline lips before using lipstick. Smudge the lipstick into the liner to get rid of stark lines. Apply the liner just outside your lip line. Keep the liner the same shade as your lipstick. If you already have full lips, avoid lipsticks in strong colors. Use soft sheer hues and don’t line your lips.
- Keep your lipstick away from the heat. Lipstick can get warm in purses too, so make sure you keep your purse away from direct sunlight. Never leave lipstick in the car.
- If you play up your eyes, don’t play up your mouth.
- Use a lip liner to keep your lipstick lasting longer.
- If you get lipstick in the wrong shade, keep it. There is probably another lipstick you don’t like that you can blend with it.
- Red lipstick is great; but not everyone can wear every shade. Just make sure you line your lips with a lip liner if you do. Check out totalbeauty.com to discover the best shade of red for your skin tone.
- Use foundation on your lips. Your lipstick will stay on longer. Or powder your lips before adding lipstick.
- Darker lipstick colors make your lips look smaller; light colors give your lips a fuller look.
Though trial and error is part of every total beauty plan, when it comes to making good lips look great, a little know-how can take even a non-star a long way.